Terms and Conditions
The following Terms and Conditions should be read and understood prior to confirming your travel. Please read the following terms and conditions carefully. Do not confirm any booking unless you understand and agree with the following terms and conditions.
1. Interpretation1.1 Clause and paragraph headings are for purposes of reference only and shall not be used in interpretation.1.1.1 Unless the context clearly indicates a contrary intention, any word connoting:1.1.2 any gender includes the other twogenders;1.1.3 the singular includes the plural and vice versa; and1.1.4 natural persons includes juristic and artificial persons and vice versa.1.2 If figures are referred to in numerals and in words and if there is any conflict between the two, the words shall prevail1.3 When any number of days, or Business Days, is prescribed, such number shall exclude the first and include the last, unless, in the case of days, the last day falls on a Saturday, Sunday, or a public holiday in South Africa, in whichcase the last day shall be the next succeeding Business Day.1.4A reference to an enactment is a reference to that enactment as at the date of accepting of these Terms and Conditions and as amended or re-enacted from time to time.1.5 The rule of interpretation that a written agreement shall be interpreted against the Party responsible for the drafting or preparation of that agreement shall not apply.1.6 If any provision in a definition is a substantive provision conferring rights or imposing obligations on any Party, notwithstanding that it is only in the definition clause, effect shall be given to it as if it were a substantive provision in the body of the Terms and Conditions.1.7 The eiusdem generisrule shall not apply and accordingly, whenever a provision is followed by the word "including" and specific examples, such examples shall not be construed so as to limit the ambit of the provision concerned.1.8 Where any term is defined within the context of any particular clause in these Terms and Conditions, then, unless it is clear from the clause in question that the term so defined
has limited application to the relevant clause, the term so defined shall bear the meaning ascribed to it for all purposes in terms of these Terms and Conditions, notwithstanding that that term has not been defined in the definition clause.
2. DefinitionsThe following words shall, unless otherwise stated or inconsistent with the context in which they appear, bear the following meanings:Business Day–any day other than a Saturday, Sunday or public holiday in South Africa;Consumer Protection Act–the Consumer Protection Act No. 68 of 2008, as amended or re-enacted from time to time, including any regulations promulgated thereunder;Corporate Client–a legal entity whose name is used for a booking on behalf of travellers;Customer–Corporate Client and Individual Customer or either of them as the context may indicate. “You” or “Your” shall have a corresponding meaning;Individual Customer–an individual making bookings in his or her personal capacity;Parties–SJK and Customer and “Party” shall mean either of them as the context may indicate;POPI–the Protection of Personal Information Act No. 4 of 2013, as amended or re-enacted from time to time, including any regulations promulgated thereunder;ROE–Rate/s of Exchange;SJK –SJK Travel (Pty) Ltd, Company Registration Number 2016/203781/07 with registered address at Unit 16 Highway Park, corner of Plat, Northgate Estate Brooklyn, Cape Town, Western Cape, 7405;South Africa–the Republic of South Africa;Suppliers–third party service providers of, including but not limited to transport, accommodation, car rental activities and other travel related products and “Supplier” shall have a corresponding meaning;Terms and Conditions–these terms and conditions, including the booking form; and Traveller –a person on whose behalf a booking is made.
3. Payment3.1 SJK accepts the following methods of payment:3.1.1 Cash;3.1.2 Credit and / or debit cards in store;3.1.3 Secure Online payment by credit card –Electronic Customer Acceptance (not available in the event of lowest airfare guarantee);
3.1.4 Electronic fund transfer;3.1.5 Credit facility –only available to Corporate Clients and subject to prior approval;3.1.6 Valid SJK Gift Cards.3.1.7 The Individual Customer may make a card payment directly on the Supplier’s website or secure link, which proof of payment thereof must immediately be sent to SJK.3.2 SJK does not guarantee the compliance of the Supplier with laws and regulations relating to electronic payments contemplated in clause 184.108.40.206.3 SJK charges a service fee for bookings made online as well as any cancellation of bookings made online.3.4 Prices are subject to change until payment has been secured in full from the Individual Customer or when confirmation of acceptance of the quotation has been received by an authorised representative of the relevant Corporate Client.3.5 SJK will not proceed with any booking until payment reflects in SJK’s account and/or proof of payment referred to in clause 3.1.7 is sent to SJK. The Customer will be liable for any increase in price due to commercial conditions during the time it takes for the funds to reflect in SJK’s account.3.6 Should the services or product no longer be available due to clause 3.1.7, all funds received will be refunded to the Customer.3.7 SJK will communicate with the Customer on the chosen email address of the Customer and will send the Customer an invoice on a once-off basis inrelation to a booking made. The Customer should be vigilant in using email and should maintain the appropriate level of cyber security in order to prevent fraud or the interception of emails. Should anything occur which may appear suspicious or should theCustomer receive more than 1 (one) invoice, the Customer should contact SJK immediately prior to making payment in order to verify payment details, failing which SJK will not be liable for any payment or damages suffered by the Customer. Notwithstanding the incorrect aforesaid payment, the Customer shall be liable to make payment of any amounts due to SJK.3.8 If a booking price as displayed contains an inadvertent and obvious error, thenSJK is not bound by it after—3.8.1 correcting the error in the displayed price; and3.8.2 taking reasonable steps in the circumstances to inform Consumers to whom the erroneous price may have been displayed, of the error and the correct price.
3.9 Where a booking price contains an error in contemplated clause 3.8, which error is not due to SJK’s fault, the Customer will be entitled to cancel the booking made, unless the Customer wishes to proceed with a booking on a correct price.3.10 It is the responsibility of the Customer to ensure that the Traveller’s names (as per identity documentation), identity and/or passport numbers, travel dates, times, departure, destination and routings are correct.
4. Price and availability:4.1 All prices are quoted in South African Rand. Prices are valid at the time of quotation and can only be guaranteed once payment has been received in full from the Individual Customer or once Corporate Clients have confirmed their booking. SJK cannot be held liable for any increase to the quoted price; in the time it takes for payment to reflect in SJK’s account or for Corporate Clients to confirm their booking.4.2 The following commercial conditions shall apply to quotations and supply of services and product:4.2.1 Price variation: If the ROE is applicable, the ROE on the day of quotation will apply. Should the ROE increase at the date of payment reflecting in SJK’s account, such increase will be for the Customer’s account and payable in addition to the total price quoted;4.2.2 General: All quotations are subject to availability from Suppliers. Should the product range no longer be available, another product will be quoted at an updated price;4.2.3 Payment by deposit does not secure a price and is subject to the ROE. A price is secured once payment has been made in full by the IndividualCustomer or once the Corporate Client has confirmed their booking.
5. Cancellation or changes:5.1 SJK has to be notified of all cancellations or changes in writing prior to departure. The Customer will be liable for cancellation or date change penalties in the event that travel arrangements are changed or cancelled by the Customer.5.2 Cancellation or date change penalties can amount up to the full purchase price subject to amongst others when the travel arrangements are cancelled, the Supplier’s cancellation policy and the fare rules.5.3 Travel bookings are non-transferable and name changes are not permitted.5.4 You will forfeit the fare if you do not fly or do not notify the airline or your travel expert of your intent not to travel prior to your scheduled departure.5.5 Tickets must be travelled on in the sequence they are booked, if not, the ticket will be forfeited.
6. Travel ExpoTravel Expo packages and airfares are on promotion and offer discounted rates which are valid for a limited period. Any deposits or payments made in full for confirmed bookings during this period are non-refundable (subject to the Consumer Protection Act), non-exchangeable or non-changeable unless otherwise specified at the time of booking.
7. Refunds:7.1 Upon receipt of the Customer’s written instructions to cancel a booking, SJK will charge a reasonable service fee for any refunds processed.7.2 Should the Customer require a refund, the Customer must complete and submit a refund consent form provided by SJK.7.3 SJK will endeavour to process all refunds by airlines within a reasonable time frame with the exception of the following refunds:7.3.1 Tickets which have been taken over by the airline due to amongst others upgrades, downgrades, schedule changes, reissued tickets and expired tickets;7.3.2 Any ticket submitted with supporting documentation for a refund due to an event as stipulated in the Consumer Protection Act.7.4 The refunds stipulated in 7.3.1 and 7.3.2 can take up to 12 (twelve) weeks to be processed, subject to the Consumer Protection Act.7.5 Refunds must be processed within the ticket’s validity, thereafter the ticket will be deemed as non-refundable.7.6 Any refund amounts received from a refund application submitted within the validity of a ticket will be retained on file for a period of 36 (thirty six) months, with the following conditions:7.6.1 SJK will make every effort to contact you and to advise of the refund amount received;7.6.2 Should all attempts to reach you be unsuccessful within a 36 (thirty six) month period of the refund amount being received, the refund amount will be forfeited by the Customer.7.7 As a service to our Clients, all unused tickets will be tracked and submitted for refunds. The full amount less any admin and penalty cost will be refunded.7.8 All other refunds have to be submitted in writing prior to commencement of travel and will be subject to the cancellation policy of the relevant Supplier.